Finished up Sugar and Spice last night and (not surprisingly) I really enjoyed it! I feel like more often than not series and trilogies are sloppily ended, which kind of confuses me since they have more room to wrap things up. I can't tell you how many times I've been disappointed in the ending of a series because some story lines aren't even closed up and so many questions are left unanswered. But for some reason, I'm generally pretty happy with the endings of stand-alones. While the L.A. Candy trilogy doesn't exactly have a complex plot line, I was still really happy with how everything was wrapped up.

Lauren Conrad has another trilogy, The Fame Game novels, that continue on but follow Madison's life rather than Jane's. I'm not sure if I'll ever pick those up...I've seen them for pretty cheap on BookOutlet, but Madison was one of my least favorite characters and I don't know if I'd like books focusing on her. Maybe I'll buy them if I ever need to add a few books to my order to be eligible for a coupon or something, but as of now I'm not planning on reading them.

After all that chick-lit the past week or so, I want something a little more substantial. I think I'm gonna pick up Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell. I haven't read it in years, so fingers crossed I still like it!

Pages Read Saturday: 126