Managed to finish To Kill a Mockingbird last night. I did end up enjoying it, but it definitely wasn't my favorite classic. As I stated before, I found the plot was pretty slow for the first half of the book. I was expecting a lot of what happened in the beginning/middle of the book to have some importance at the end, but a lot of it ended up not tying in to anything else. I don't want to say that some of the events in the beginning were unimportant, because I do realize it was helping to develop characters, etc. but to me it just seemed like too much happened that didn't add much to the story for me personally. Like I said, I think I'm just not in the mood for slow reads right now or books that are more thought-provoking.

So, I'm moving on to a super mindless yet fun read, L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad. I read the first two books in this series back in high school and really liked them, but I don't remember much of the plot. I got the whole series for super cheap on bookoutlet.com so I think I'm going to marathon the series. I love Lauren Conrad and The Hills was my shit, so while these books may not be masterpieces, I like kind of getting insider details on her life with a little bit of a fictional twist, if that makes sense. :)

Pages Read Friday: 121