I'm really surprised I met my daily goal today. I had a long and terrible day today, including a CT scan and essentially having a minor surgery while wide awake and not numbed. That was like 12 hours ago and I'm still traumatized. I think I will be for life.

Anyway, I managed to read the last 98 pages of More Than This by Patrick Ness. All I can say is Wow. That book really exceeded my expectations and really made me think. I loved that it left so many questions unanswered. In a weird way, I feel more satisfied with the ending without everything being neatly tied up.

I just read the first 16 pages of The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. Somehow I made it through middle school, high school, and college without ever reading this one. I've actually heard a lot of not-so-good things about this book (that the story is pointless/boring, the main character is annoying, etc.) so I'm excited to see how I like it. It's actually made me laugh out loud a few times already. Holden is so angsty and sarcastic! It could just be the painkillers making me laugh, but we'll see. :)

Pages Read Monday: 114